Monday, June 25, 2007

Vacation: Part VI

Day 8: We spent the day driving around Florida visiting some of Rick's clients who live there. After four days of Theme Parks my feet were a bit sore and I had a nasty case of heat rash but I was otherwise OK. The ride in the car made my feet swell until my shoes barely fit. Still, it was fun to see people and Joanna had a great time.

Day 9: After Breakfast we made our way to the train station.

Joanna soon found a friend.



Joanna had Minnie and Beatrice had Princess Minnie. Joanna loaned Bea my hat.

We had a little wait for the train so we went to the play area.



Joanna was determined to climb the blue rails. She would not try any of the other parts of the play structure until she conquered the rails.



We check out the engines that would pull us north.


We had a the family bedroom on this trip so we made use of the extra space.




Bea turned out to be our "neighbor" so she and Joanna played for a while until they both got tired.

Joanna decided to watch movies in her bunk.



At least I think she was watching movies.



Soon we were all engaged in our favorite leisure activities.



When it came time to sleep Joanna wanted to curl up with me. The ride was pretty rough so I could understand why she didn't want to stay in the bunk. Still, this picture just doesn't seem right.



One of the drawbacks of the family bedroom is the fact that you sleep perpendicular to the tracks. I had a lot of trouble sleeping. I think I was awake more than I was asleep.

Day 10: It took a while before our van was unloaded so we didn't get on the road until 10:00am. We took the scenic route home and went through PA. It was a nice change. We got home around 9:00 pm which wasn't too bad.

On arriving home the license plate game was declared over and here are the results.



47 states! I wasn't expecting to see Hawaii so I had to draw it in. We also saw 3 Canadian provinces, District of Columbia, 1 Consular Corps plate on the back of a speeding BMW Z3, and a US government plate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home