Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dog Days of Summer

The Misarski's are on vacation and we are taking care of their dogs. Normally this would mean that I would go to their house in the morning and evening to make sure the dogs had food and water and let them out to play and take care of any necessary business. We had to change that plan today. This is the weather report for today.


The room the dogs are in does not have air conditioning and I just couldn't leave them there in this heat. So here is what I have to deal with today.


The picture doesn't really capture the whole experience. Add in lots of barking and dominance struggles with Shiloh. The first thing that happened when they came in - Shiloh growled at them and Mopsy pinned him to the ground with her paw on his throat. Shiloh is now sitting in a corner sulking and giving a low growl whenever one of the interloping dogs approaches.

Mopsy is barking at everything. She makes Shiloh seem like a quiet dog. She barks when she needs to go out, she barks when she wants attention, she barks for no apparent reason. Sometimes Libby feels a need to join the chorus. I think I might just want to go ahead and take the Excederin now. I'm also thinking about going to see a movie, any movie.

How is Rick handling this? He is getting on an airplane. I told him I would be happy to take his client to their INS interview and he could stay here but he didn't think that would work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home