Sunday, July 09, 2006

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer

We can start with the lazy part.



I think we need a bigger sofa.

I took Joanna to the discount shoe store to get some nice white summer sandals. We buy some every summer since her feet tend to grow at least 2 sizes over winter. We looked at all the cute little sandals but she didn't want any of them. She pulled out a pair of ugly plastic shoes and told me she wanted them in yellow. No cheap knock offs for her. We went to the sporting goods store and she found herself a pair of yellow Crocs. I made the mistake of saying "okay" then looking at the price. I have always purchased cheap shoes for her. They only last a season and she outgrows them. On the average I pay $10 for a pair of shoes for her. These were $25! More than I wanted to pay but not so much that I needed to back out of the purchase. Oh well, she loves them. She wears them everywhere, even to church with a dress. If I need to find her I can scan the ground for the bright yellow feet.



She wore them to Rocketland and they were great for climbing but not so good on the slide. She put down her feet halfway down the slide and the grip on the shoes almost flipped her right over.



Yesterday evening we needed to pick Rick up at the airport in Providence. I figured we could spend the afternoon at the Roger Williams Park Zoo since it is really close to the airport. It is a nice zoo but I have been terribly spoiled by the San Diego Zoo. I got a few pictures of Joanna sitting on statues and her favorite animal, the tamarin. The moment we got there she kept telling me she wanted to see the monkeys. When we left 3 hours later she was telling me "I can't walk another walk." Mission accomplished!


1 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 

Post a Comment

<< Home