Friday, April 28, 2006

Chocolate and Farm Animals



No, I did not feed any chocolate to farm animals. We did however watch chocolate being made and then go feed farm animals.

We started the day at the Hebert Candy Mansion for a tour.

We were very fashionable. I had my Ben & Jerry's cow shirt on for the trip to the farm and we all got attractive head wear for the tour.


We got to see chocolate being made and got some free samples at the end. Yummy!





After the chocolate tour we went to Davis Farmland.

This is a fabulous place for kids. If you don't have any children of your own and you would like to go there, you will need to borrow some. Adults must be accompanied by a child.

Joanna enjoyed feeding the animals and playing in the play areas. She is always good at finding friends.




There were also pony rides!



We went on the safari hay ride to see the different animals.

Like this one.

Looks like the llama version of king of the hill.

The hay ride stopped for a while at one point and this guy started to eat the hay bale Joanna was sitting on.



Joanna said "Hey!, He's eating my seat!" Then she decided to move to one of the center bales.

After the hay ride she chased/petted some cute spotted Jacob lambs.



There was also a place where you could paint your face. I think Joanna has watched mommy put on makeup too many times.



The green wristband in the pictures is part of the farm's security system. When leaving the farm they made sure my wristband matched Joanna's so they knew I was leaving with the same kid I came in with.

After painting her face Joanna spent the rest of the time in the play area. Great place, like a mini kid village. I think we will be going again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home